Sunday, October 30, 2011

Freezing on the outside & laughing on the inside!

I guess it's only fair that because my a/c is now working that something else needs to break in order to take it's place. This week's journey deals with my gas hot water heater. After taking it completely apart, we have now realized that Kirk and I have no idea how to fix a hot water heater. We have now suffered for 2 days w/out hot water. Sound like I'm whining a little? You should have heard me in the shower!!! Not only did I scream every time the water touched me, but when I went to turn the shower off.................the handle just spun! There was no turning it off!!!! This should have pushed me over the edge, but for some reason only made me laugh. And the more I laughed, the more I realized how lucky I am that we at least have water. Whether it's hot or cold.........we're pretty lucky. That being said, I'm hoping this will be our last night w/out hot water. Hopefully we'll be able to get someone to look at it tomorrow. I'll have to say that I'm feeling pretty energized after my freezing cold shower. At least I'm not alone in this! Every few minutes I hear Kirk yell, "WOOOO!" from inside the bathroom. This is wrong..............very wrong, but every time he yells it makes me even happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment