Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My golden rule..................

Few people know how addicted Bailey is to herbal tea. She has a mug of sleepytime tea every night before bed. It's always the same.........two spoons of sugar and one spoon of honey. Anyway, back to the story...............Bailey and I were going to watch a movie together since Kirk was working and she asked if I wanted some hot tea. For those of you who aren't familiar with teenage lingo, that last little question actually meant......when you make yourself some, make me some too. Not the other way around. We kept talking and then all of the sudden, Bai decided she should take a shower before we watched the movie. So, while she was in the shower I fixed myself the first mug of hot tea I've had in years. Being unable to drink tea because of my kidneys has made me a little wary of herbal tea as well. And it was heavenly! Oh how I've missed tea..........I'm getting off track here-aren't I? Bailey came back a little while later and was in the kitchen with the sink on for what seemed like an eternity! Finally, I heard the microwave turn on and then the water started again. I finally got up and asked what she was doing. In her hand she held two Santa mugs full of herbal tea that she'd prepared for us. "Did you make that for me?", I asked. "Well yea, you said you wanted some.", she said as if that had ever mattered before. "Why did you make it in those mugs?", I asked looking at the beautiful Santa shaped mug she held out to me. "Uuuhhhh, because it's CHRISTMAS time?", she replied back as if I were the stupidest person on the planet. And there it was..................my beautiful, considerate daughter whom I love to the moon and back had not only done something special for me, but reminded me of a rule I swore I'd never break. Never being particularly rich(in the money sense of the word), I always thought it strange that people bought things like dishes and never, under any circumstances used them. I always thought, if I love something enough to buy it, why wouldn't I use it every, single day? Well, it looks as if I, myself have been caught doing the exact, same thing. I'm the perfect example of someone who uses their good china every, single day, but apparently refuses to use the Christmas plates and mugs for anything but decoration. Well today....................that changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment