Saturday, August 27, 2011

My silver lining

Our freshly painted toes after our pedicures. Bailey's on the left(she got blue daisies on both of her big toes), Maggie's toes are purple with white daisies and I'm on the bottom.


Maggie and Bailey's beautifully manicured fingernails. Mag's on the left and Bailey is on the right.
I don't think that many people know this about me, but I do not allow myself the luxury of getting pedicures, manicures or even haircuts. I cut and color my own hair and give myself my own version of a mani/pedi. This is by no means something I am proud of, but over the years it just sort of happened. I can only imagine the shock and disgust towards me that some people may be feeling right about now. It is not that I feel that I don't deserve these things, but more like................I'm wasting money on myself by doing this. Did that statement just contradict itself? I guess I do tend to talk in circles. Anyway, since I don't allow myself these luxuries, today was quite the treat for me and the girls. Grandma Brenda decided on a whim, that the girls needed a "day at the spa". All four of us got pedicures, Maggie and Bailey got manicures and Grandma and I even got our eyebrows waxed. We left out of there feeling like new women! We were feeling so good about ourselves that we were quite surprised that Kirk, PaPa and Ryley even recognized us as we walked into Chili's. I was walking on air, feeling pretty good about myself as I sat down in the restaurant. We talked for a few minutes to the guys about what we'd had done and teased Ryley that he should have gone with us and had his toenails painted. I mentioned to Kirk that I'd even had my eyebrows and upper lip waxed(yep, I said it). Instead of saying something like, "Oh really, I didn't notice.". He said, "yea, I can tell. It's really red!".  "What???", I yelled and covered my mouth. And then he leaned around Maggie and whispered, "But you look really beautiful.". And right there......................in those five little words..................was my silver lining.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahahahaha! That's yo honey for ya....love it!
    Brenda done good! Glad y'all had a good day ;)
    love ya, Auntie M

    ReplyDelete