Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Fart Fan Blues................

It seems that my life revolves around when and if I can sneak into the bathroom unnoticed. That's sad, isn't it? The kids..........or Kirk for that matter, will ignore me all day until I sneak into the restroom. Then, all of the sudden I am in high demand. I do not understand this. I'm so quiet........I tip toe all the way down the hall............silently close the bathroom door................turn on the sink to wet my tooth brush...........and let out a sigh. "I've made it!", I think as I smile into the mirror. As soon as the tooth brush enters my mouth the questions begin from the other side of the door. Or more often than not.............the accusations. My bathroom comes equipped with a "fart fan"(as Kirk so lovingly calls it) that turns on with the light. I cannot switch this off to listen to thousands of questions unless I want to be in total darkness. So, when I don't answer, they repeat everything a little louder. Then comes "MOM!!! Are you listening to me??????", followed by knocking.........and eventually pounding on the door. I am good at tuning out. It's a skill I've worked long and hard at perfecting. That's terrible to admit, isn't it? But for some reason, in this small, confined space..................I cannot! I have been cried to, yelled at and accused of things inside that little room that I honestly thought I had no control over. Clearly I am to blame for chipped fingernail polish, nose bleeds, the internet not working, the cable not working, thunderstorms, a cell phone being dead, an iPod being dead, Ryley yelling at Maggie, Maggie yelling at Ryley, Bailey hitting Ryley, Ryley hitting Bailey back..................the list goes on and on! I'm sure one of these days, not far from now...........I will miss this. But right now, that hardly seems possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment